Covid-19 documents and procedures
If a member of your family has been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of Covid-19 you MUST let the school know.
Sandwell guidance states that to reduce the spread of Covid-19 amongst family, friends and communities everyone who tests positive for Covid-19 or comes in to contact with someone who has had Covid-19 MUST self isolate.
It is important that we follow this guidance to help keep our children, parents and staff safe.
All parents MUST read the home school agreement about their children returning to school.
For PE, children can wear joggers or tracksuit bottoms and these can be worn to school on PE days. Trainers and PE tops must also be worn to school on PE days.
Coats will be hung on pegs in the cloakrooms.
Reading books will be changed weekly. Teachers will let children and parents know their day to bring in reading books.
Lunch boxes can be brought to school and these will be kept on the child's peg in the cloakroom.
Children MUST bring water bottles to school and they should be taken home to be washed every day. Water bottles will be kept in the classroom with the child.
It is the responsibility of all parents to socially distance on the playground, staying 2m apart from each other. Parents MUST NOT congregate in the playground or outside the school gates.
ONLY 1 parent must drop off and collect their child.
Snacks can still be bought from the school kitchen on a daily basis.
Break and lunchtimes will be staggered and seating areas will be cleaned after each sitting.
Toilets will be thoroughly cleaned 3 times a day.
Hand sanitiser will be available for children to use throughout the school day.
Due to the FETC reopening, we cannot open the main car park gates for parents to leave the playground. Years 1 and 2 will enter through the normal entrance and leave via the early years exit to keep a one way system in place. Staff will be on the playground to direct you.
PARENTS MUST BRING THEIR CHILDREN TO SCHOOL ON TIME.
Extra support and guidance can be found on the Sandwell and Government websites. Links are below:
Arrival and dismissal arrangements
Arrival times and entrances for each key stage are as follows:
- Early years- Nursery AM and Reception children arrive at 8.30am and PM children arrive at 12.15pm through the entrance to our two-year-old provision.
- KS1- Year One arrive at 8.40am and enter school through the normal KS1 entrance. Year 2 arrive at 8.50am and enter school through the KS1 hall.
- Years 4 and 6 arrive at 8.40am, Year 4 will enter school through the KS2 hall and year 6 will enter school through the entrance by the year 6 classroom
- Years 3 will arrive at 8:40 and will enter through the door on the car park by their classrooms.
- Year 5 will arrive at 8.50 and will enter school through the door at the top of the ramp on the KS2 playground.
Finish times and exit points for each key stage are as follows:
- Early years- Nursery AM children leave at 11.30am and PM children leave at 3.15pm through the entrance to our two-year-old provision. Reception leave at 3.00pm through the entrance to our two-year-old provision
- KS1- Year 1 leave at 3.15pm through the normal KS1 entrance. Year 2 leave at 3.20pm through the KS1 hall
- Years 4 and 6 leave at 3.20pm, year 4 will exit through the KS2 hall and year 6 will exit school through the year 6 door on the playground.
- Year 3 leaves from 3.20pm and year 5 leaves at 3.30pm Year 3 leave through the entrance on the staff car park and year 5 leave through the door at the top of the ramp on the KS2 playground.
For years 4-year 6, parents will drop pupils off at the school gates and staff will be on the playground guiding children to their entry points.
To prevent parents from congregating, if they have more than one child they can drop them off at the latest entry time.
At home time, for KS2 pick up, parents will enter through the main staff car park gate and leave through the entrance at the top of the incline opposite the office entrance. The playgrounds are zoned for collection of each year group & parents with more than one child can turn up at the latest release time. Staff on duty must be visible and arrive on the playground on time wearing a mask.