Useful Information for Parents
Department for Education (DfE) - https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-education
NSPCC - https://www.nspcc.org.uk/
Thinkuknow - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
Sandwell MBC - http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/
Get Safe Online - https://www.getsafeonline.org/
CEOP - https://ceop.police.uk/
Sandwell Safeguarding Children Board - http://www.sandwelllscb.org.uk/
Childline - Worries about the World - https://www.childline.org.uk/info-advice/your-feelings/anxiety-stress-panic/worries-about-the-world
Headlice & How to treat
Starting from the 27th of February, in PHSE lessons, we will be putting a side a 10 minute slot each week where we will be discussing topics in relation to safeguarding. Below you will find the 7 week plan that we will be following:
27th February – Lanyards (who you can and can’t trust)
- The blue lanyards are for staff, the red lanyards are for people we can trust but don’t work at school and the yellow lanyards are for someone who the children cannot go with.
6th March – Stranger Danger
- This could be out of school, who you would trust in the street if you got lost etc.
13th March – Bullying
- What do you do if you’re being bullied? What do you do if the children are being bullied?
20th March – Safety online
- Not talking to strangers or giving out personal information online.
27th March – Scared about going home?
- In relation to the posters that have gone up around school, talk to the children about if they feel safe at home, what makes them feel safe/what makes them feel unsafe?
3rd April – Keeping your hand to yourself
- This will tie in with the underpants rule.
P – Privates are private.
A – Always remember your body belongs to you.
N – No means no.
T – Talk about secrets that upset you.
S – Speak up, someone can help.
Our School Religions